Posting to Twitter:
My hope is to document what I have learned over the last few week using twitter. So when next week arrives and I have forgotten it. I will be able to relearn all these important issue about posting pictures, Gifs and videos. This is what I have learned:
- There are limits to a tweet the number of characters a tweet can contain. The picture below notes the limitation. It seem that if you post a picture the number of characters must be less than the limit of 140.
- Posting a picture or video from your phone
- One limitation your phone. These photos and MP4 videos will be hosted or stored by Twitter.
- The first time I attempted to tweet (post) an Mp4 video directly, I was surprised that mp4 format was not supported by my PC based twitter software. I thought, “what the heck?” However, I began to understand the twitter product better. I realize that it is design to support the posting of interesting action related activity.
- Most of limitations disappear when use is Vine, DailyMotion or YouTube, just to name few.
Gifs and Pictures will not support audio. Gif file support movment only, but they have a 3 Meg. limitation when tweeted directly. Thus I have decide to make two version of my work. A static pic with text, and a video in MP4 format. The video will be posted to the blog and then tweeted.